Anyone wanting to play sports can register with a sports club in Pforzheim, with the city’s sports clubs offering a wide range of sports and exercise options for all age groups.
In addition to being able to stay fit and healthy with regular exercise, membership in a sports club also helps children and young people, as well as adults, in other ways:
- Exercise strengthens the personality and sense of well-being.
- Regular exercise promotes the positive physical and emotional development of children and young people.
- It enables you to make contact with other people and develop friendships.
- Contact with German-speaking members makes it easier to learn German.
- Playing sports boosts social awareness and teaches values such as fairness, tolerance and respect.
Over 100 sports clubs in Pforzheim offer countless activities, including gymnastics, football, swimming, tennis, handball, basketball, judo, karate, athletics, dancing, riding and much more.
There are membership fees for these sports clubs. For children and young people from families with low incomes, the membership fees may be covered via support from the Bildungspaket (see section 7.5 ‘Bildungspaket’).
Amt für Bildung und Sport
+49 7231 39-29 29
+49 7231 39-24 14
+49 7231 39-11 60
Information about sports clubs