- Rent excl. heating, and utilities. The rent excluding heating is a fixed basic amount.
Utilities include things such as administrative costs, water, waste water and heating, and are generally billed once a year depending on consumption. Utilities costs are either paid to the landlord or to Stadtwerke Pforzheim (SWP).
- Electricity is billed separately and paid to Stadtwerke Pforzheim (SWP) or another electricity provider.
- Every household has to pay for waste disposal. Waste is collected regularly.
Registering for waste collection is done via an order form that has to be signed by the building owner/administrator. This form must be submitted to ServiceCenter Abfallwirtschaft, Heinrich-Witzenmann-Str. 13, 75179 Pforzheim. All containers are equipped with an electronic chip in order to track waste collections.
- Waste is collected either once a week or once a fortnight, depending on the order. The bins must be positioned on the edge of the pavement with their lids closed by 6.30 a.m. on the day of collection, or at the earliest from 6 p.m. the evening before.
- You can use the waste collection calendar provided or enter your street and house number online (www.abfallwirtschaft-pforzheim.de/kundenportal/abfallkalender) to find out when your waste will be collected.
You can get a copy of the latest version of the waste collection calendar here:
In Pforzheim, waste must be sorted as general household waste, paper, glass or packaging. Organic waste such as fruit, salad or vegetables, potato peels or eggshells, coffee grinds, teabags and leftover food have to be disposed of in an organic waste bin (brown bin).
If you have any questions about waste disposal, please ask the staff at the municipal waste management office (tel.: +49 (0)7231 391 393), who are available from:
- Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thursday 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
More information is available at the website https://www.abfallwirtschaft-pforzheim.de.