- Anyone moving to Germany needs to register their address in person with the local registry office (Meldebehörde) within two weeks.
- If you move house, you also need to re-register within two weeks.
- People who do not register or re-register within this time will have to pay a fee.
- So that the post can be delivered properly, it is important that you label the buzzer to your flat and your letter box with your surname once you have registered and moved into your new home.
|Monday - Wednesday||7.30 - 13.00|
|Thursday||8.00 - 12.00||14.00 - 18.00|
|Friday||8.00 - 12.00|
- Passport or ID card
- Children’s ID card(s), if you have children (for foreign birth certificates, please also provide a translation into German or an international birth certificate)
- warrant of landlord (Bestätigung des Wohnungsgebers)
- Confirmation of residence registration (Anmeldebestätigung)
Keep this in a safe place!